All-inclusive retreat with curriculum personally taught by Melody Ross of Brave Living
Sept 16-21, 2018 (Sunday through Friday)
Paradise Point on Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho
- 6 nights lodging: 4 nights rustic lodging at Paradise Point on the shores of Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho, and 2 nights lodging at Hilton Garden Inn in Eagle, ID (McCall is a high mountain location far from Boise's airport--you'll stay at this gorgeous riverside hotel for one night prior to shuttling up to the mountains, and one night upon return)
- All Meals (except dinner on Sunday and Friday nights)
- Transportation from Eagle, Idaho to McCall, Idaho
- ‘The Walk’ Curriculum and Supplies
- Art Supplies
- Workbook and Preparatory Activities will be mailed to you 4 weeks in advance
- ‘The Walk’ Curriculum (created and taught by Melody Ross)
- group work and discussion, in the lodge or outside
- art journaling or regular journaling
- guided evening hikes on private forest trails
- sunrise yoga on the point overlooking the lake with Kolleen Harrison
- sunset labyrinth meditation walks on the cliff-top labyrinth overlooking the lake
- soulful art projects of all kinds... painting, ceramics, and more
- star gazing & learning from Marq (Scoutmaster & outdoorsman)... have you ever watched the stars from the mountains, on a cliff overlooking the lake? With no light pollution? Just lying comfortably on your back on the top of a mountain, seeing the brush strokes of the Milky Way galaxy and nothing else? Well, there’s nothing quite like it.
- learning to read a compass by Marq
- group activities with your cabin-mates
- stand-up paddling
- campfires with storytelling, wild & hilarious skits and campfire songs (and s’mores of course!)
- ropes course
- high mountain swing
Physical Requirements: We'll be going on lots of short guided hikes! You MUST be able to hike basic mountain trails.
Lodging at Paradise Point is in rustic vintage cabins with no electricity or heating, bunk beds (with mattresses and nice cozy bedding provided). Shared bathrooms (with electrical outlets) and showers are a short walk from the cabins.
Food is provided by Paradise Point. Special diets such as gluten free and vegetarian are accommodated (indicate preferences when registering).
Transportation: comfortable commercial bus ride from the Hilton Garden Inn in Eagle, Idaho, to McCall, Idaho and back.
Optional Private Room at Hilton on Sunday and Friday nights for additional cost